Rocky Road Crunch Bars
Originally from Nigella Lawson’s Nigella Express, these addictive Rocky Road Crunch Bars go down a treat in lunch boxes, at kids’ parties or bake sales – and they’re a cinch to make.
Makes 24 fingers
- 125g soft butter
- 300g best-quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g rich tea biscuits
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp icing sugar (for dusting)
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan. Scoop out about 125ml / ½ cup of this melted mixture and put to one side.
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are aiming for both crumbs and pieces of biscuits.
- Fold the biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then add the marshmallows.
- Tip into a foil tray (24cm / 9 inch square); flatten as best you can with a spatula. Pour the reserved 125ml / ½ cup of melted chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 24 fingers and dust with icing sugar by pushing it gently through a tea strainer or small sieve.
Recipe from Nigella Express